Crystal clear audio with perfect bass and treble doesn’t require an assortment of wires or 4 speakers these days. Sound bars are replacing the need for big bulky speakers while also allowing the listener to become immersed in music, television shows or video games.
The best wireless sound bars are not expensive if you know where to look. In fact, many sound bars have prices that are on par with traditional audio systems, yet still offer that accessibility that only sound bars can give.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 wireless sound bars under $500. Take a look at some of the products listed and check them out!
1. VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar
VIZIO is known for producing quality products at a price consumers can afford. The S4251w is one of my favorite soundbars because it also comes with a wireless subwoofer and two speakers.
These speakers allow for premium audio and because the system is wireless, they don’t need messy wires.
For me, the S4251w is the perfect midpoint between affordability and perfect sound production. This model features:
- Automatic sound pressure level management.
- 5.1 surround sound.
- 42-inch sound bar with wireless subwoofer and satellite speakers.
- Less than 1% harmonic distortion.
The only wires needed are to connect the satellite speakers to the wireless subwoofer. This can be a minor concern for some users, but definitely not an issue with consumers like me. The soundbar itself has center, left and right speakers to allow audio to fill a room from all angles.
- Comes with a subwoofer that packs a pretty good punch.
- Easy to mount and install.
- Works with tablets, televisions and phones.
- Minimal to zero sound distortion.
The sound quality of the S4251w is impeccable and immerses you regardless of whether you have sports, movies, or music playing.
2. Rotibox Mini Soundbar
Sometimes, you don’t want a soundbar that is 42 inches long – it’s a little too big to be portable. The Rotibox Mini was the perfect choice for me when using my tablet or iPhone. Using Bluetooth, the Rotibox provides top-quality audio for just under $100.
It is not as powerful as the other options on this list, but one really can’t expect it to compete with much more expensive hardware.
This model is meant to be small and compact while providing quality, wireless audio to the user. The Rotibox features:
- HiFi 3D stereo surround sound.
- Built-in battery with 8 hours of battery life.
- Compatibility with iOS, Android and Windows.
- 20 meter (bluetooth) working distance.
- Dual speakers and dual channel capability.
- Just 1 pound weight.
I love this soundbar because it’s so small and portable, yet packs great audio power.
- Adequate water resistance (only tested in the rain).
- Strong enough audio power to fill the room with crisp audio even during a small party (15 people).
- Large buttons for easy usage.
- Very lightweight and works with most modern phones, tablets and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Another VIZIO product made my list. I tested this model at a friend’s house and found the integrated deep bass to be exceptional. The sub-$200 price was the perfect compromise between low-end and high-end models.
This model does not come with a subwoofer and can use cables to connect to your television, but it also supports Bluetooth for wireless audio transmission (the best of both worlds). The S3820W-C0 features:
- 2 pound weight.
- Bluetooth compatibility with wired options.
- Integrated deep bass for better sound quality.
- DTS TruSurround and DTS TruVolume for consistent volume, and amazing depth and detail.
There is even a mounting bracket included, so you can mount the soundbar right above or below your television. All required television cables are included as well as the batteries needed for the remote. The friend that let me test his speaker had a great setup with his living room television theater. The VIZIO was mounted above on the wall with cables running down toward the television (unnoticeable unless you looked closely). Overall, the setup was neatly done and the bar looked and sounded awesome to pair with his display.
- Dynamic bass without the need for a subwoofer.
- Bluetooth ready for PC, tablet or smartphone use.
- Full range drivers to fill the room with audio.
Affordable and easy to use, the S3820W provides crisp sound and some of the best bass levels I have ever experienced with a soundbar of this price range.
4. Samsung HW-H7500 8.1
Samsung and Sony (the next couple items on the list) are two brands that I have been using for many years with a variety of products, so I can consistently trust their quality and performance. The H7500 is a high-end model (retails for around $450) that I tried for my 60-inch television.
The quality is nothing short of amazing, and a wireless subwoofer is included to balance out the sound. To go along with that, the design is very elegant. The slight curvature on the model brings out the best of both sound quality and exterior design.
This model features:
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- 320 watts of power with 8.1 channels.
- Wall mountable.
- Inputs for HDMI, USB and optical.
- 5 pound weight.
Installation took me only 3 minutes once this model was unpacked. The curved design is ideal for larger televisions (55-inch or higher recommended), and the seamless mounting helps the soundbar blend in with the décor.
There are even side-firing speakers that are part of the 8.1 channel speaker system. This completes the immersion experience. These are packed with features to help bring the audio to a new level.
- 1 channel speaker system.
- Wireless subwoofer.
- Bluetooth on and off button.
- Crystal Sound Pro to amplify audio without distortion.
From installation to audio, Samsung’s HW-H7500 is truly impressive and the perfect choice for larger spaces or televisions. If you are looking for a high-end soundbar — one that you can stick with for years — then do not hesitate to drop the high price because this Samsung model is top-notch, and well acclaimed among many of the professionals and customers I have spoken with.
5. Sony HTCT260H Sound Bar
The final sound bar on the list comes from Sony. While not as powerful as the HW-H7500, the HTCT260H still provides very impressive sound with 300 watts of power, a subwoofer, and a price of just over $200.
Testing this model for the first time, I was blown away. The length of the product spans just under 40-inches, and you’re able to connect using Bluetooth and NFC. I recommend this model for televisions that are at least 40-inches or larger due to its size.
A wall mount is included, but the one drawback is that there is no remote included. It wasn’t a big deal for me, but it is pretty bothersome to manually change things like playback, rather than conveniently doing it a couple of yards away.
Regardless, here are some great features:
- A length of 39.8 inches.
- 300 watt sound bar; 130 watt wireless subwoofer.
- Bluetooth compatibility for wireless transmission.
- HDMI output for televisions — means you can use the sound bar to easily replace your TV’s speaker.
Using Sony’s patented technology, this model is simply brilliant and simulates the cinema experience without needing speakers in all corners of the room. With the wireless subwoofer, you’ll be able to experience heart-pounding bass within a single bar and without having to drop a few hundred dollars on a quality sub.
- Simple setup.
- HDMI compatible for superb audio with televisions.
- Included powerful 130W subwoofer.
- Crisp audio with powerful sound and included wall mount.
Top Wireless Sound Bars: Conclusion
High-quality sound doesn’t have to come at a high price. I have tested each and every one of these models personally (though unfortunately only own two of them), and was continually impressed by the crisp, quality sound that soundbars pack while maintaining a level of ease-of-use that other sound systems simply cannot provide. With a variety of price ranges, you are sure to find a model that’s perfect for your home theater.